Monday, September 18, 2006

Oh, forgot to mention the monstrous pile of poetry books (courtesy of Carnegie Library's awesome poetry collection) I'm reading. Jane Hirshfield's The Lives of the Heart, Ted Hughes' Birthday Poems, Natasha Trewethey's Domestic Work, Naomi Shihab Nye's Red Suitcase (I'm really impressed with her work), and a handful of books from poets I've never heard of before. Any suggestions out there for other great collections of poetry I definitely should read? I'm interested solely in contemporary (or nearly contemporary) poets at the moment.

3 Comments:

At 3:44 AM , Blogger Grover Cleveland said...

I like your poems!

 
At 1:47 PM , Blogger Empress Girl said...

you're not playing san andreas right now?? shocking.

thanks! and did you like the "found" poem jason read over the phone?

 
At 8:29 PM , Blogger sarcasmus said...

yeah, I like your poems alot too. better than Jason's found poem, as poignant and haunting as that was.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home