Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Just finished another draft of "What She Doesn't Know." I'll make photocopies of it for workshop tomorrow.

Which leaves me with:

Very minor tinkering with "Irene and the Pale Man"

A little more tinkering with "Yan"

Fitting the visionary new elements into "The Mary Museum"

Working out the kinks of structure in "Guitar Lessons" (which I need to re-title), and more

substantial revisions.

Figuring out what to do with "Irene." Joan really wants me to finish writing it, but I don't feel at

all passionate about the story right now. So either I grit my teeth and finish the damned thing,
cop-out and replace it with "The History of Snow," which teeters on being publishable, or
finish either "The Stacks" or "Tabby Cat." It would be so satisfying to fit "Tabby Cat" into
this thesis, because it's almost as old as the beginning drafts of "Irene and the Pale Man," and
I think someday it can turn out to be a very powerful meditation on the mother-daughter
relationship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home