Tuesday, June 14, 2005

My mother called me early this morning to say that she received her bound-copy of my thesis in the mail, is halfway through reading it, and thinks it's "pretty good." The idea of my mother reading those stories puts me into a semi-panic ... partly because of her tendency to think every mother in every story is based on her ... and partly because a few of the things the mothers do and say in these stories are in fact what she once did or said.

In other news, I've decided to give Piper a middle name. She will now be called Piper Madagascar Maloney, only she doesn't seem receptive to "Madagascar." Piper and Maloney are both names she will answer to, but Madagascar will take some time, training, and people-shaped biscuits. I have some thoughts about also giving Rue the middle name "Madagascar II," but that might be pushing it. As Jason said to me earlier today, "Aren't you going to confuse them?"



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home