Wednesday, June 01, 2005

They finally assigned me to teach in region 9 -- an area including the South Bronx, Spanish Harlem, and lower and mid-Manhattan. I know few fellows get to teach in Manhattan, but I'm try my damndest to get into one of those schools. South Bronx sounds like a scary place, and I've never been to Spanish Harlem.

Oh, and I'm to do my grad work at Fordham University. Which I thought was a good thing -- at least it's a school I've actually heard of before. I'm not exactly sure what kind of academic reputation it has, but I guess that doesn't really matter.

A semi-productive day. Washed the dog in new mango-peach shampoo that smelled nice in the bottle, but disappoints on actual dog fur, put up a little wall bookshelf, unpacked the last of my boxes, swept and mopped the floor. Now to reorganize some of the apartment clutter.

My brother called last night. He wants to spend all of next summer with us, assuming that we'd have moved into a bigger apartment by then. I think that's a neat idea, especially if I'm not teaching summer school. Hanging out with my brother, playing video games and eating unhealthy frozen snacks ... like the old days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home