Sunday, June 26, 2005

Well, tomorrow is the beginning of my second week of NYCTF training. It's been interesting so far. Six hours of grad school every day (well, every week day), followed by two hours of Fellow Advisory sessions. It took a day for me to get used to Queens College (this campus is so big! Unlike SLC! There are so many straight men here! So unlike SLC! Maybe this makes me a sentimental geek, and kind of snooty to boot, but I miss SLC with its extreme politics and gently sloping lawns). I think my English Methods professor is great, and am still warming up to the Educational Psychology one. Oh, and I spent an exorbinate amount of time hiding from fellow Fellows during lunch breaks. I'm notoriously bad around people I don't know.
I took my English CST yesterday afternoon, and feel less than confident about how I did. I didn't expect there would be so many questions about public speaking, journalism, and phonology ... eek. If I don't pass the CST, it means goodbye to the Fellows program. So I'm crossing my fingers.
In other news, Jason's going to Dunkirk for two weeks. :( I start student teaching next week, at an undisclosed location. This morning J and I had brunch with Nina at Maggie Brown's. It felt very strange to be back in the old neighborhood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home