Friday, February 17, 2006

I miss Jason. He's in Dunkirk, recovering from his routine out-patient surgery.
But it's Friday night -- which means no work for three (3!) days. I love Presidents' Day. I've never loved Presidents' Day more. I got my Netflixed copy of Corpse Bride in the mail, the heat is cranked up all the way, and the pets are hyper.
And I'm installing an external hard drive onto this wee computer. After two hours of banging my head (not literally, of course), I think I'm finally figuring out what to do.
There is a plate controversy regarding the wedding reception. Jason's cousin is kindly catering the event for free (calamari for appetizers!), but he doesn't have any dishes. The cheapest place to rent out is the Unitarian Church in Flushing, which has a kitchen, but no dishes.
Jason's mum says having paper (or plastic) dishware at a wedding reception is tacky. My mother says they have paper plates all the time at Hawaii wedding receptions -- including her second wedding to my first non-stepfather. Which means I can have paper plates at my New York wedding.
I don't want to buy 70+ plates. Even if we got them at Ikea, they would cost a fortune. And what would Jason and I do with 70 plates when the event was over?
Arghh.
I wonder how cold it will be tomorrow. I'd like to take Piper to the park -- something I've been meaning to do for months now. Our apartment doesn't catch the morning sun, and Pi sits in a dark home all week long. It doesn't seem fair. But I need to pay bills and develop photos and other such things too. Oh, and at some point I'd like to take more pictures of Manhattan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home