Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Work becomes more tedious at 4:00. Time drags, minute by minute.

I am updating the returned mail spreadsheet. Also, utilizing the hole puncher. Answering the phone when it rings. And that's about it.
After work, it's home to feed the animals. No fun for us this week -- we don't have the cash to spare, after I was home sick for most of last week. I'll probably end up watching an episode of Charmed (I got Season 1 a couple of months ago and started watching it when I was sick -- I forgot how much I liked it) and tinker with the internet. The connection was off this morning. I hope it magically fixed itself. I am a firm believer of technology fixing itself.
Maybe I'll read another story from Kelly Link's Magic for Beginners. The first three stories were great, especially "Stone Animals." Her stories are much more polished and complete (maybe a better word is 'solid') than they were in Stranger Things Happen. And the weird qualities aren't so arbitrary.
Jason doesn't home until 8:00 tonight. He has tutoring. I hope he likes his new temp job. Three weeks of filing ... I worked at the same company for two weeks and loved it, but I didn't have to file the whole time. I also fell in love with the beautiful company cafeteria and its amazing $1.99 french toast and belgian waffles. Waffles are always a good idea, but especially when they're only $1.99.
I could be a commercial.

1 Comments:

At 2:07 AM , Blogger Celestelives said...

I could go for $1.99 waffles right now. It's 2 a.m. and I am an insomniac!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home