Friday, June 16, 2006

Finally finished A Paradigm of the Earth! Yay! In sheer gladness I stayed up half the night, zipping through Alice Sebold's gripping memoir, Lucky. I finished it when I got up this morning (well, it was closer to this afternoon), and am now reading Ann Patchett's memoir of her friendship with Lucy Grealy, Truth and Beauty.

I'm jealous of knitting blogs, especially the blogs that showcase 25+ completed projects every year. And not projects in the form of piddly scarves or hats, either. Sexy lacy shawls. Complicated cable sweaters. I'm frustrated at my knitting plateau. I don't want to knit fucking hats and scarves for the rest of my life. I want to go beyond the stockinette stitch!

My current project is a shaggy knitted pillow cover (from Stitch and Bitch Nation), which is a change. Then I think I might try my hand at felting a bag.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home