Thursday, June 08, 2006

Armed with so many new dishes, pots, pans and veggie cookbooks (Jason has threatened to smash anymore new dishes that might appear to us in the mail), I've decided to try my hand at cooking beyond the Betty Crocker hamburger casseroles and chili. Last night I triumphed with doughnut muffins, though I didn't apply enough butter to the bottom of the muffin pans. That's right -- muffins by scratch. No box muffins for me!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, the muffins turned me into a bit of a food Nazi.

(Yesterday evening)
Me: Don't forget to eat the homemade muffins for breakfast.
Jason: Okay.
(Today, around noon)
Me: Did you eat the muffins I made by scratch yet?
Jason: I ate one and a half.
Me: Arghhh!
Jason: I'll eat the other half this afternoon. I promise!
(Afternoon)
Me: Did you eat the half a muffin yet?

Tomorrow we're hosting a dinner party. Mitch is a food fussy, so we're sticking to pasta. Two sauces -- a butter one for Mitch, and a veggie marinara. Plus tomato basil soup, and the pound cake (w/ strawberries and whipped cream) baking in the oven right now. Liz and Mitch, Jonathan, and Nina will all be there. I think that'll make for a lively time.

I'm excited about showing off our new square plates and bowls. I know that makes me sound like a housekeepin' geek. Also equally exciting is going to Jason's office for lunch tomorrow.

No writing as of late. Can't concentrate. Too much seltzer water, too much of Sims 2 and Wiccan YA books. Also still sad and missing brother and mom.

3 Comments:

At 10:10 PM , Blogger Empress Girl said...

wendi lee is very sexy in her rainbow tank top and underware. i want to have an affair with her, ye know sex in subways and alleyways, on tables and statues in the park.

 
At 10:10 PM , Blogger Empress Girl said...

that was actually jason irwin, not empress girl.

 
At 10:11 PM , Blogger Empress Girl said...

yeah, her husband

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home