Friday, April 14, 2006

Flushing is amazingly close to Astoria by car. What a revelation! When Jason and I take the 7 to Flushing, it takes an hour. This morning we went to the DMV, which was an experience akin to elementary school and church. We were yelled at, told to sit on pew-like benches, etc.

"That's not proof of insurance!"

"But it says it is on the top of the paper."

"I don't care what it says. You need to get me an insurance card!"

After two hours and several hundred dollars later, we were free to go. Melissa and I bought unnutritious breakfasts from the hot dog stand right outside the DMV, and Jason screwed on our new license plates. It's official -- we can now drive our van.

Last night I bought a pair of conservative yet vaguely hip brown leather Mary Janes for work, and hysterical pink furry boots reminiscent of Big Bird. They were both 70% off. It was the best shoe store in the world.

1 Comments:

At 4:01 AM , Blogger sarcasmus said...

Way to screw Jason! I mean, way to screw, Jason!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home