Thursday, April 20, 2006

Iams.

That's right. This post is all about cat food. The wet, chunky kind.

Iams pouch wet food is the only food on the market that Rue likes. The other brands she'll snub 50% of the time. So I'm basically buying Iams food in bulk.

And then the other day, I went on Peta's website. There's a whole section dedicated to boycotting Iams, because they allegedly torture and kill cats and dogs in their health/pet food research ventures. There's an especially grisly piece about experimenting at University of Kentucky, my (gulp) alma mater.

I read the articles, and decided to stop buying Iams. I couldn't in good conscience buy pet products from a company that murdered pets. So I went to the grocery store and bought all the other brands of wet, chunky food in the hopes there's one or two Rue won't mind so much. I signed some petitions online, and even emailed Iams to voice my dissent.

Tonight Iams emails me back, with an url to their website. There are articles discounting Peta, and some pretty solid animal foundations (The Humane Society, for one) to back them up.

So what do I do? Who do I believe? How do I know what I'm doing is right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home