Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Wrote another five pages of my YA novel and a poem last night. I felt so industrious I decided to research more fellowships and residencies, and found a six-month residency for Jason to apply to, which he did. I gave him a long pep talk about how he should be submitting every single poem in Watering the Dead and The Direction of Light, instead of just the dozen or so (I think I used the analogy of the lottery) he circulates around. Then I realized I was being a terrible hypocrite, because only one of my stories have been submitted anywhere recently. So today I woke up and after much trepidation, submitted two more stories to journals. We'll see what happens.

Starting to get excited about our road trip. Talked to Nina last night, and she made Pittsburgh sound fun. I could use some fun! It's nice to know that Kathleen might move to Asheville, also. I like the idea of moving to place where we know at least one other person.

Still have to go to the goddamn grocery store. I hate the grocery store. It makes me lazy about writing, which, I know, sounds really lame. But it's true. I'm supposed to write at least five more pages of my YA book, but I know that once I'm back from the store I'll only want to laze around, read Anne Sexton, and watch the Ellen, Season 2 DVD I netflixed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home