Thursday, October 05, 2006

The weather's getting colder, which means I'm furrowing back into my knitting obsession. I'm going to sell some hats and scarves at a craft festival in Kentucky in a couple of weeks (using a tiny bit of space at my mom's booth). However. My lack of progress frustrates me. I ventured into felting bag land this summer, which was all howdy-doody. But -- I need to do something more. Like socks. Or (gasp) the inevitable sweater.

The problem is, knitting patterns remind me a little too much of high school math classes. My eyes cross. I get dizzy. My self-esteem plummets into the ground. I only knitted the felted tote bag (from pattern), because Jason's cousin Aiesha did it and told me it was easy ... and Aiesha hasn't been knitting for very long. I don't know if I could knit a sweater from a pattern.

And in related crafty news, I want a sewing machine. Specifically, a Hello Kitty sewing machine from Target. It's pink. I'm convinced that sewing would be infinitely easier than knitting. My mother used to sew matching muumuus and aloha shirts for our entire family -- though now she claims she sucked at sewing, and that it was a difficult and tedious hobby. I don't plan on sewing muumuus for anyone. Maybe lots of pajama pants though. And prairie skirts that fall to the ankle. That sort of thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home