Sunday, February 20, 2005

Lazy Sunday

I just wanted to mention that I've been reading Salinger's Franny and Zooey. I love the simple, straight-forward prose, and the Zooey/mother bathroom scene that lasts approximately 60 pages. It's a bit aged and pretentious, but I forgive it for these things. I'll let you know my final impressions when I've finished reading it.

I also bought Tori Amos' autobiography/book of conversations and interviews. I know it will probably be chunky and badly written at best, but I was seduced by its soothing white cover, and pretty color pictures in the middle. Also, it's Tori! I know I should have just invested my money into her upcoming CD (due out Tuesday) instead, but I couldn't resist.

Old movies watched: in the middle of Sorry, Wrong Number (Barbara Stanwyck). So far, a very engrossing film.