Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Nope, no apartments last night after all. The realtor called Jason at the last minute, telling him that the owner of the building went away at the last minute and he couldn't get in without them. This is the second time the realtor set up a time for us to see apartments and then didn't follow through. The one time that he did show us a place, he was more than half an hour late to the appointment. Jason and I have only been patient with him this long because he was the guy who showed Jason his current apartment.

Tonight is my thesis reading. I go through fits of nervousness, so right now I'm not. It's only five minutes, and even if I fumble through the whole thing it'll only be five minutes of excruciating embarrassment (wow! that's it!). And I'm looking forward to the reception afterwards. I hope there are cookie bars ... I need a sugar fix in the worst way. Also, supportive people will be there. Nina, Marion, Maria, possibly Dan. Oh, and Jason of course.

Today was a pleasant work day. Two hours were spent at Bates Dining Hall, counting ballots for faculty committee positions. Between counting we foraged free servings of chocolate pudding with homemade whipped cream, fresh fruit, and cookies and cream cappucinos. Lindsay has also never read in front of a huge group of people, so that makes me feel a little better.

Oh, and last night Aardvark walked through the kitchen while Jason and I were fixing pasta. I was wrestling with a tough piece of squash and said, in a very loud voice: "I guess the ROOT OF ALL EVIL doesn't know how to cook squash!" Jason thought it was great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home