Friday, April 29, 2005

So I frittered the day away. Well, I did the laundry and a little bit of grocery shopping, but otherwise nothing. I read Kate Atkinson's first novel, took a bath, watched P.S. (a film I found totally implausible -- though I suppose romantic movies don't need to be plausible) and endless episodes of Buffy, and ate the rest of the not-so-yummy Mulligan stew. I haven't even put the clean sheets on the futon yet. My kitten is sleeping on a wrinkled mound of sheets and comforter. I'm such a lazy bones.

I saw American Splendor last night and was a bit disappointed. I guess my expectations were just too high -- everyone I know has been telling me how much I'd love the movie. But I didn't really. I liked it okay. I thought the actors were really good, especially Hope Davis. I certainly wasn't frustrated with its implausibility (maybe because it was so much more rooted in reality than P.S.). But I'm not tempted to run out and buy it on DVD or anything.

Maybe it's just because of the string of really good movies I've seen lately. Mostly Martha and A Tale of Two Sisters.

Anyway. I'm yammering on. It's one in the morning, and on the television Willow and Cordelia have been hypnotized to harvest eggs for a monster that looks like a cross between a brain and an octopus. Could there be such a thing as too much Buffy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home