Monday, April 25, 2005

I am tired, no doubt suffering from the aftermath of a very busy weekend. The SLC Poetry Festival, the Tribeca Film Festival, Joey's visit, many many conversations about Aardvark, and long nights at bars -- I slept for nine hours, and would like to sleep for about ten more.

Brief synopsis of the weekend: Brenda Hillman's reading was lackluster, but Russell Edson was fantastic. I want to read every demented thing he's ever written. The alumni reading was also pretty interesting. The Tribeca Film Festival's "7 Dwarves" was more kid-friendly and less bizarre than I expected. Also, I sat through the midnight showing soaking wet (can't seem to bring my umbrella with me when it's actually raining), which probably didn't increase my viewing pleasure. I liked that some of the cast was there, though. Also, peach schnapps are sort of gross.

Jason left for Dunkirk early this morning (he'll be gone for a week), so I'm at the apartment, trying to make last minute revisions to the thesis, eating handfuls of arare, and finishing my assignment for Myra's class. Soon I'll eat some of that Mulligan stew I made earlier, and then end this low-key day with a (hopefully) successful viewing of A Tale of Two Sisters.

I crave a good, decadent dessert. A chocolate mousse, or the chocolate custard from Veselka. Too bad I'm not an expert chef. Unfortunately, my cupboards and refrigerator only has those cheap Swiss Rolls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home