Monday, April 18, 2005

A good/bad day. I only have $260 in my bank account, which means that if for some freak reason I had to pay the rent today, I couldn't do it. Of course I'm expecting a tax refund, and I'll get paid at the end of the month, which would cover rent plus a little extra. Still, it makes me apprehensive.

Yet it was a productive day as well. I fine-tuned my resume and then sent off four job applications with rather good cover letters, including one to the NYC teaching fellows on a whim. It's pretty damn competitive, so I probably won't get an interview, but it's worth a try.

Am trying how to tell my roommates, without sounding overly upset or pissed off, that leaving the kitchen window open (the window without a screen) when everyone's at work or school isn't a good idea, especially when they leave it open more than seven inches, and a little gray cat (namely my little gray cat) could easily slink out into the backyard. Also, there's risk of contamination from the ailing cat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home