Tuesday, December 26, 2006

A nice Christmas. Now I'm sad about leaving. I miss my family when I'm in Pittsburgh.

This year's present theme was Hello Kitty. A calendar, two toothbrushes (Hello Kitty cowgirl and Hello Kitty something involving a pink dragon), bubble bath, bedsheets and pillowcases, Pez dispenser, and a blue sewing machine on its way.

Reg invited a friend over for Christmas dinner -- a shy guy from Wendy's -- and afterwards everyone piled into the van for Marie Antoinette at the dollar movie theatre. I appreciated the fashion ideas, and a few long, lingering camera shots of Kirsten Dunst staring vacantly into open fields, but otherwise the movie was a disappointment. And the quick shot of Converse sneakers in the shoe-frenzy montage seemed heavy-handed and clumsy rather than clever. Maybe we should have really gone and seen Happy Feet? But -- the fashion was very very good. Especially now, when I'm having daydreams about all the skirts I'm going to make on the new sewing machine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home