Sunday, March 27, 2005

Easter in Dunkirk. This morning I went to a Unitarian Universalist service with Jason and his cousin. I liked some of the concepts (the encouragement of diversity, for one thing), but the strange mixture of watered down Christianity and new age-ism made me uncomfortable. The Jesus-as-good-buddy-fine-preacher-but-not-son-of-God sermon was also unsettling. Because anything that makes me uncomfortable makes me want to learn more about it, I will read up a little more about this sect of spirituality.

I'm much more comfortable with both the Quaker religion (services composed almost entirely of hymns and meditation) and the more contemporary non-denominational Christian services, although the latter strikes me as slightly strange, with its emphasis on religion via entertainment vehicles, and the conservativism couched within scripture poking up in many of the Christian churches I've attended.

This afternoon, we will go to Jason's cousin for an early Easter dinner. Then back to NYC in the morning, after another eight hour bus ride. I look forward to seeing Rue -- otherwise, there's not much about the City that I miss.

I've reached the thumb gusset portion of my fingerless gloves. Lots of stitch markers and increasing. I'm probably doing it wrong, but it's exciting nonetheless.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home