Saturday, March 19, 2005

I'm supposed to be in Astoria in thirty minutes, which means I should have gone to the subway station at least half an hour ago. Instead I'm lazing around the apartment, still in my "Mint Fresh" pajama bottoms (though to my credit, I have thrown on Jason's army-green pullover), listening to The Beekeeper. Rue fell into the bathtub today in a fit of overzealous water-gazing, and I bundled her up into my room, cranked the space heater on, and spent an hour or so cat-napping with her. Then I decided to do some last minute e-mailing and adding to my list of read books, and realized that the chronological listing of the books means that I only focus on the most recent reading clumps, and could very well be reading books I've already read. I know that sounds kind of ludacrious, but I read so many books each month it's sometimes hard to keep track. That's why I started the booklist in the first place: I found myself borrowing library books and reading the first few pages, only to realize that I'd already read them.

So-- I started a very elaborate reading list spreadsheet
, in author alpha order, to supplement my chronological book list. I added forty-five books before realizing how tedious the process was -- I felt like I was back at the Registrar's office.

I still need to make the bed, comb my hair, get a backpack of stuff together,
drink a glass of cran-raspberry juice, maybe eat something.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home