Thursday, March 10, 2005

This Tangled Thesis

More thesis delirium. I gave up an evening with Jason and Netflix to stay at home and wrestle with words. So far, I'm happy with only half of my thesis (and admittedly, I'm sort of escastically happy with the stories in this half. They're very nearly finished ... and I've never felt as if I've truly finished a story before. They're so finished I think I'll actually submit them to literary journals).. The other half is ... well ... a delicate, tangled, weird mess. My untitled, two-part story is still untitled, and needs its second part. "The Mary Museum" seems clunky overall, and as of yet I can't write an ending that I'm satisfied with. "Guitar Lessons," which will soon be titled something else, is comparably better, but its shape is awfully unwieldly and choppy. It feels like a house built by Picasso, without my intending it to.

But I have deliriously weird Rasputina albums to listen to, and a warm kitten sleeping Buddha-style on my knee. Oh, and a brand-new waffle
maker to test out tomorrow morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home