Saturday, March 05, 2005

Dumplings and cream puffs

I'm naughty. I skipped out on Collette's friend's get-together at Prospect Park because I woke up feeling my normal shy, anti-social self. Despite Nina and Jason's best efforts to guilt-trip me into going, I decided against it. Instead Jason and I went in Manhattan. We went to Jason's bank, ate a boxed lunch at the Lemongrass Grill, and visited John at the Union Square Farmer's Market (there was a stand selling $1 bags of great-looking apples, but I didn't get any -- didn't want to have to lug that around for the next couple of hours). We went to the Strand, where I picked up a copy of Vita's letters to Virginia Woolf, and one of her earlier novels. We stood in a ferociously long line to try a cream puff at Beard Papa's. It's such a quaintly Japanese establishment, with girls named Sachiko wearing white chef hats handling elaborate cream machines. The cream puffs were very good -- I had vanilla, and Jason chocolate. We went to Dumpling Man for steamed vegetarian dumplings to bring back to Astoria. And now we're at the Internet Cafe off the Ditmars subway stop, where Jason is getting tickets for our Easter trip to Dunkirk.

Nina and I were almost successful in luring the orange cat into the apartment. I grabbed him while he was eating a can of tuna on the windowsill, but Nina freaked out and told me to set the cat on the kitchen floor -- so we could see if he wanted to stay with us. But naturally he did not -- he was more than a little freaked out, and quickly jumped back onto the windowsill.

More Aardvark drama. Jason a little upset. Hope there won't be anymore confrontations in the near future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home