Thursday, March 03, 2005

Vita, Vita, Vita

I need a haircut. Pretty desperately. My hair is straggly and shoulder-length and refuses to be tamed by any amount of conditioner and smoothing products (which I applied way too much of today -- eww). At least it smells good -- Garnier Fructis x 3.

Today I made brunch for Jason, mopped the kitchen, living room, and hallway, and cleaned the bathroom. Took a long, meandering bath. Put more books I want on my Amazon wishlist. That's about it. I had grand plans of writing this afternoon, but I guess that's not going to happen. I need to meet Jason at Housing Works in a few hours.

Given up on Peter Ho Davies' Equal Love. "Hull Case" was a good story, but I've already read it. And the next two stories are mediocre at best. So now it's onto Vita and Harold. Oh, and here's a quote from a very young, exuberant Vita to her fiancee:

After all, I am not sorry not to know you better, it makes it even more fun your being a terra incognita. We will find each other out gradually. You will be disappointed.
There is no fun equal to being
quite
at the beginning of things.
Is there?
(27).


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home