Monday, February 28, 2005

Martha's Foolish Ginger

I'm really enjoying Tori's The Beekeeper. Much more than the first listen on Jason's little boombox. He liked it instantly, but I thought I might have to get used to it, the way I had to get used to The Choirgirl Hotel, with its incessant techno beat (now one of my favorite Tori albums, by the way).

Oh, I didn't mention yet that I heard Tori speak at the 92nd Street Y on Thursday night. She was supposed to promote her book and perform a few songs, but the Y didn't give her a rehearsal space, and Tori has always been notoriously picky about having the proper space and atmosphere for performances. So no songs. The interview was interesting, though Tori was a little spacey now and then. She mentioned the book of Mary Magdalene from The Gnostic Gospels, which Jason says he's read before. I'd like to read it myself, one of these days. After the Tolstoys and Woolfs and all the other unread books stacked in the hallway and on the shelves in my bedroom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home