Sunday, February 27, 2005

Dreaming of Dinner

Ah, the end of another weekend. I'm in Brooklyn, watching the first season of Curb Your Enthusiasm and sporadically knitting a ribbed scarf with red Lamb's Pride yarn. I'm thinking about what to make for dinner -- a filet of turbot with creamy dill mustard, perhaps, with french fries. I love food way too much.

This afternoon, Jason and I had lunch at Bon Vivant with Liz and Mitch. I think it's pretty overpriced, for a diner, but my stomach was filled to satisfaction with syrup-drizzled french toast and scrambled eggs with tobasco sauce. Afterwards, Jason and I wandered around The Strand. I picked up a reviewer's copy of Judy Budnitz's Nice Big American Baby and Elizabeth Glitter's The Imprisoned Guest.

Last night we went to Jake Duffy's for vegetarian dumplings and a viewing of I Heart the Huckabees. I liked it, but I'm not quite sure why. Maybe it's just one of those movies with scenes to prompt vaguely pleasant viewing reactions. It was certainly a strange enough plot, and I like Jason Schwartzman. But, to quote Suzanne, "It was a surprisingly light movie about existentialism." Is this a positive thing? I'm not sure yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home