Friday, March 18, 2005

Nervous Breakdown Land

Wretched, wretched, wretched. I'm running out of loan money, Pat Dunn insists that she can't withdraw me from that elective class and add transfer credit, and the library computer terminals smell like heavy-duty floor cleaner. I got to Jason's apartment last night and cried for almost an hour, convinced that I wouldn't have enough money to move in with him, that I'd have to go back to Kentucky with my tail tucked between my legs. He did a great job of reassuring me last night, but apparently I need him to be with me more or less constantly right now.

I want to tell Marion I'm sick and go home early, to sweet Rue and my reassuring cave of a room, but that would mean less money for me. And I need as much money I can get.

The food workers at the Pub forgot to add mayonnaise to my chicken salad sandwich. It tasted more or less like wet cardboard, with a slice of tomato and onion. Not that I'm very hungry right now, anyway.

Aardvark brought his girlfriend to the Registrar's office this morning, but neglected to introduce her, or usher her into the office. She spent his whole visit hovering in the hallway. And yes, she does look awfully young and unsure of herself.

Meanwhile, work is as dull as ever. Today I'm checking academic statuses on old (some as old as 1984) diplomas.

But -- my novel is going well. Almost six pages now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home