Wednesday, May 11, 2005

I read well during the thesis reading. It helped that the stagelight was so bright, I couldn't see anyone in the audience except Pat Dunn, who was not waving the orange flag to tell me my time was up.

The after-thesis reception was fun, with everyone from the registrar's office crowded around a couple of tables. The after after-thesis reception jaunt to the Wheel was less fun. That bar has lost all its luster to me. I prefer O'Hanlons in Queens, or even Phil McHugh's. It was crowded and weird, and Nina was a little bit drunk, and Jason spit his beer out onto her nice black shoes.

And then the trek back to Brooklyn took FOREVER. I think we finally got back at one in the morning, having hailed a gypsy cab from the Atlantic/Pacific subway stop. We decided that we were all starving and made an impromptu early-morning breakfast of biscuits and scrambled eggs. Then to bed -- where Rue persistently knocked Jason's things off the dresser.

I'm a little concerned about Rue, actually. She's been puking an enormous amount recently -- I even found a dried spot of puke on her tail. But I'm be home tomorrow, and more able to monitor her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home