Friday, March 10, 2006

The food-tasting was nice. It was a buffet setting in a ballroom, with 75% of the menu available for sampling. I didn't like the cake (too dry), or the suspicious cream sauce on the salmon, but everything else was good. Especially the calamari -- and everyone knows that's all I care about.
It was also great to hang out with Nina.
The best thing about the food-sampling was that no one was sitting at our table, pestering us about putting down a deposit. I mean, we are going to put down a deposit - Astoria World Manor is the best we've seen so far - but it was really nice to have a free, hassle-free dinner, and not even be obligated to go watch/listen to/witness the horrible DJ in the ballroom next door.
Am currently reading Anne Lamott's Bird By Bird, which is doing great things for my writing self-esteem. I especially like her advice about keeping a 1" x 1" picture frame by your writing desk -- a reminder that you only have to write your novel one paragraph at a time, rather than overwhelming yourself with the whole wild scope of it (something I do all the time - why I have a wasteland of so many unfinished novels).
My current project is something fun -- a kind of homage to Buffy, because I miss that TV show. It's got teenagers and angst and superpowers. Oh, and weird premises. It makes me happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home