Wednesday, March 15, 2006

It's come to this.

I didn't know it ever would, in my life. I always thought I would have no problem deciding.

My job makes me miserable. It's not a suitable place for me. It rubs me raw a lot of times. But I like having spending money again. I like being able to buy a cherry-print shirt from Target, or a new necklace, or the second season of Charmed which keeps me sufficiently from writing.
But am I happy? No. That's a lesson I've already learned. Stuff doesn't not equal happiness. And stuff -- especially multimedia type stuff -- keeps me from writing.
But I'm still having trouble deciding. Money or happiness. Money or writing?
It would be alright to quit, go back to temping. Jason has a solid chunk of temp work right now, he's working seven days a week, he can support us for a while. Even with the expenses from the wedding.
I just need to tell myself I can live without more H&M shirts and earrings and books. I like the library. I have at least fifty books at home that need to be read. I'm really okay in the book department.
I might actually need another pair of pants. Should I quit after buying the pants?
Will I ever? Or will I continue to make myself miserable?
Maybe that's the real question. Do I think I deserve happiness, or to be miserable?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home