Sunday, January 14, 2007

Wow. Just realized what a showboat I am. I never mentioned the BIG, BIG news, that Jason won the Pavement Saw first book award. Right now he's wrangling over his table of contents with the Editor. It's exciting to say the least. His poem, "Barcelona," was also recently accepted by Pearl.

In toot-my-own-horn news, my poem "Portrait of Marriage" was accepted by Plainsongs, a lit journal from Nebraska. Two poems so far this reading period -- I think that's not bad. Another couple this year would make me ecstatic. Oh yeah, and a published story would be verrrry good too. Seeing as I'm supposed to be a fiction writer and all.

The problem with working full-time is the lack of time leftover for writing. The last time I wrote a poem was the week before Christmas, a first draft of a story the first of December. I'm slacking off.

Jason came back from his outpatient surgery in Dunkirk Saturday afternoon, good as new. No more hunching over from the pain, pale cheeks and low grade fever. He goes back to Dunkirk Tuesday night, for his mother's surgery.

Much obsessive nail-painting. Today it's black, yesterday glittery purple. Lipstick too. Jason said, "Hey, what's going on here?"

2 Comments:

At 5:30 PM , Blogger Alison said...

Is there a website to go to and read your published poems? I would love to read them! Let me know!
Alison

 
At 12:52 PM , Blogger Empress Girl said...

Hey Alison,

I know both magazines have websites, but I don't think my poem is up yet. Plainsongs should publish my poem this May, and Karamu not until the spring of 2008. But I'll check and let you know.

How are you doing?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home