Friday, February 09, 2007

"Visit to the Zoo" (a poem about my mother scaling an empty animal cage fence at the Honolulu Zoo for a peacock feather) was accepted to Inkwell two days ago. And then, umm, it was accepted to SLANT yesterday.

After a few minutes of freaking out Wendi-style, I composed a polite letter to SLANT (a lit journal, by the way, that doesn't accept simultaneous submissions) describing the situation and apologizing. Jason told me no one paid any attention to the no-simultaneous submission policies, because no lit magazine ever chose the same poem. Much less in two days, right??

I've only written one poem in the past two weeks. My shift change (2-10 -- so far a temporary situation) and my new zeal for my Hello Kitty sewing machine makes it hard to concentrate. Plus Jason was sick again; he had to go back to Dunkirk this past Monday to have out-patient surgery AGAIN. Now he's on medication for a bacterial infection.

What I've sewed so far:

Jell-O green HK shirt
cloud pajama pants
an Elvis pillow
HK pillow with the leftover material
half a blue silk shirt -- I need a visit to my Mom's to figure out the tricky collar situation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home