Wednesday, March 30, 2005

I have been referred to a Bronxville dermatologist. It sounds so decadent -- having to make an appointment for a dermatology check-up. Like I'm a vain, self-conscious woman convinced her life will be magically changed once she has a chicken pox scar removed from her face. The nurse practitioner at Student Health felt three lumps (thought I only had two!) below my collarbone, all perfectly aligned with where the seatbelt would have pressed during the car accident. She said the lumps are inside the layers of skin, not attached to my muscle or ribcage, and not at all related to my breasts either. That's a relief. She thought it might be a keltoid (sp?) or scar tissue, but was reluctant to tell me whether or not it was something to be worried about. Thus the visit to the dermatologist.

So I came out of Health Services with a referral, and two skeins of cheap baby yarn. The nurse practitioner is in charge of SLC's chapter of Linus' Blankets, a non-profit group who sews, knits, or crochets blankets for children in need. I noticed her handing out yarn and crochet needles to another student, and couldn't resist asking about it. So I'm planning on making a baby blanket. I'd eventually like to make a larger blanket for a teenager -- I assume that more baby blankets are being made than regular-sized ones, because they're both easier to finish and because everyone loves babies. But the yarn I was given is white with flecks of baby pink and blue -- so obviously material for a baby blanket. I will knit this one and see if I have any time for a second.

I came home to Brooklyn last night and found a plethora of cat toys in the living room. There's a lounger/cat bed in the shape of a leopard-spotted sofa, a strange gizmo consisting of wire and cardboard that Rue is addicted to, and a small tunnel with a cat toy dangling from the middle. I don't think Rue missed me very much at all -- she was too busy playing with all the new goodies. Some of the toys must have been meant to placate Carl, but he's as bad as ever. Last night he knocked a plant over in the bathroom, tried to urinate in the living room, and then did urinate in Nina's room.

I had a thesis meeting with Joan this morning. She said I have to finish the Irene story!! It is encouraging -- for someone to care so much about a circle of stories and characters. I have a little less than a month of thesis-writing left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home